To launch the WaterStarters foundation, two pilot projects have been provisioned in Kajiado County in Kenya.
We are currently gearing towards kickstarting our mission to bring clean, safe drinking water to rural Kenyan communities. As we advance and collect data from our pilots, we will re-analayze our approach, and listen to recommendations for improvements to evaluate the opportunities of upscaling.
Project BogotaStatus : Being Planned
rgdfhdthdtgsgStatus : Being Planned
WaterstarterStatus : Being Planned
KashuStatus : Completed
- Their existing diesel powered borehole was built in 1969
- It serves a community of 2000 people, with 3000 cows
- People from other communities walk 8 - 10 kilometres to the borehole
- Wild animals also visit the borehole (elephants, wild beast, Gazelle etc.)
Ole NinaStatus : Completed
- They have no access to water
- The closest borehole is 6 km walk away - women walk 3 times a day there and back
- Ole Nina is a community of approximately 500 people
- Many surrounding villages would also use the water if a borehole was installed